Friday, October 22, 2010

What the future holds - Part 1

Not that I have necessarily on this,  but I'm really beginning to hope for it now.

AmeriCorps was suggested to me as I was looking for plans that would involve... non-academics for next year. It's a US federal program (think Peace Corps, but for America!) created by former President Bill Clinton in 1993. The work accomplished ranges from environmental outreach and cleanup, to community development. I've looked and looked and looked through the programs, and found one called: VolunteerMaine VISTA. Being picked for this program would be awesome, I'd be working with establishing a Service Learning program in Maine, especially focusing on schools.

So ducks in a row: Basic profile created.
Still to do: Oh so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment