Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Egads! It's another week!

Well, I missed one deadline last week (for the blog sillies), and I'm moments away from missing another. Life got crazy. It does that. I have a friend who likes to say that if she tried to live life with as much energy as I do, she would be exhausted by noon. A fair assumption, since I'm generally exhausted by 10:30am. What, you thought this was real? It's just an act!

A few of the fun things on my plate right now:

- Memorizing a concerto, listen here. To the pros, not me! Bach's Concerto in D Minor for harpsichord (some of us use the piano). That's nineteen pages of sixteenth notes, for those of you who can't hear that. Well, 17 pages of sixteenth notes, 2 pages of 32nd notes, but we're really just splitting hairs now. (listen for the coughing about 3.5 minutes in, promise, its there!)

- Rotary's District Governor for District 6040 is coming to visit the WJC Rotaract club (that's right, we're alive and kicking) and bringing with him someone(s?) from UMKC to pick my brain. I also have the privilege of giving him a campus tour of the WJC while he is here. We're going to poke our noses in classrooms, etc. Should be grand fun. I understand there's a few Liberty Rotary folk going as well.

- 2 big research reports, one on the Tet Offensive and one on Women's Suffrage in the USA

- A fantastic performance by Emmanuel Axe last night (TWO encores!) with the Harriman-Jewell Series.

- Upcoming performance of my own on Thursday!

Well, we're just scraping the top layer. I'm going to wrap this one up a little short, my hands are ready to fall off from all the playing of piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment